Fun pranks for Aprils Fool’s Day. Almost all of these are from Emily Heston’s terrific Splendid Market blog!
Ideas for Breakfast/Morning
- Fill a cereal bowl 3/4 full of water and freeze it. In the morning give cereal fans the bowl and watch them try to pour in the cereal.
- Make jello and pour it into a juice glass to gel. Serve it as juice in the morning.
- Freeze glasses of milk or juice to serve in the morning.
- Take the bag of cereal out of the box and fill it with sytrofoam peanuts, marshmallows, pretzels, dog food or whatever you have around!
- Magic color cereal: put a few drops of food coloring at the bottom of a cereal bowl, pour the cereal on top of the food coloring. Serve it with a glass of milk on the side. When the breakfast bunch pours in the milk the color will emerge!
- Poke tiny holes in the bottom of a paper cup and offer someone a “roadie”!!
- When the kids go to sleep you can very gently move them so they wake up in their siblings bed, very confusing.
- Depending on how deeply they sleep, you can apply a large bandage or wrap their arm in an ACE bandage, when they wake up and ask why they have it on you can say “oh dear, you don’t remember”??
- This is a good one you can help the kids play on your spouse/ roomate: sprinkle A LOT of salt in their hair. Have the kids scratch their head in front of the spouse and talk about it until he/she looks to see what is the matter! The horrors!! You can easily brush all of the salt out into the sink after the prank is pulled.
Ideas for Lunch
- Open the bottom of an individual serving size bag of chips carefully. Pour out the chips and replace them with cereal , Styrofoam peanuts, dog biscuits, whatever you have. Use double stick tape to reseal the bottom of the bag.
- Imbed a gummy worm in a lunch bag apple.
Idea for a Dinner Prank
- For surprising side, use vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce and make it look like mashed potatoes and gravy next to your regular dinner (then you don’t have to worry about dessert).
- Stuff newspapers in the toes of shoes.
- “Frost” a cake sized, or sheet of brownie sized box (a shirt gift box) with canned frosting and leave it in the office kitchen with a plastic knife and a sign saying “help yourself”.
- Call your spouse or roomate and say that someone called and left a very urgent message about a missed appointment and they want them to call back right away. Give them the phone number to the zoo and tell them to ask for “Mr. Lyon”.